RENTON, WA (Tuesday, April 13, 2010) – The WIAA Executive Board held its March meeting on Wednesday, March 24, 2010. The Board took the following action:
1. Approved moving the State Cheerleading Championships to Saturday, January 29, 2011 at the Comcast Arena in Everett.
2. Approved that language be added to the 2010-11 WIAA handbook requiring a school principal to contact the office for confirmation that a contest may be appealed due to a misapplication of a rule.
3. Approved the 2010-11 Association budget on first reading.
4. Approved site selection criteria for first and second round football and soccer contests with changes on second reading.
5. Denied the request of the Wrestling Coaches Association to eliminate the regional wrestling championships and add one more day to the Mat Classic wrestling championships.
6. Approved staff work with NW Yeshiva to determine if a schedule can be developed that would allow NW Yeshiva to participate in the State Volleyball Championships.
7. Tabled action on draw criteria for football, soccer and baseball and the changing of the eligibility process.
8. Tabled site selection for the 2010 and 2011 2A, 3A, 4A State Volleyball Championships.
9. Approved the experiment request by Prescott/Waitsburg to play two soccer matches in a day.
10. Approved Mel Moore as the recipient of the 2010 Curt and Chee Chee Bruskland Award.
The complete minutes of the March Executive Board meeting are available at: www.wiaa.com.
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association exists to assist member schools in operating student programs that foster achievement, respect, equity, enthusiasm and excellence in a safe and organized environment.