Full-Time, Paid Internship Position Opening
Position Status: CLOSED
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association is seeking applications for a full-time, 9 to 10-month position, late August, 2016 through early June, 2017. Exact dates TBD.
Stipend of $1,250 per month. Work week to consist of 30 hours, and will include some evenings, weekends and attendance at WIAA events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Seeking a career in athletics administration.
- Computer literate. Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience with a variety of social media.
- Experience working at, managing and coordinating events.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attentive to details, well-organized, able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to execute assigned projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Knowledge of and support for high school and middle school sports and activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In all operational matters, the intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing, Promotions and Corporate Sponsors and is responsible to assist WIAA staff with the following:
- Prepare for and execute state tournaments.
- Contribute to a variety of projects: assist with the production of state championship and other publications, provide marketing support, edit content on the WIAA website and contribute to WIAA social media platforms.
- Attend various meetings, WIAA events and State Championships with WIAA staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply, Please Send the Following:
- A one-page cover letter
- A résumé (two page maximum)
- A writing sample and/or publication to which you have contributed
- A list of three references
Director of Finance and Operations
435 Main Ave. South, Renton, WA 98057
Via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications due by June 3, 2016. Those chosen for interview will be notified by June 10, 2016.
- Interviews to take place on June 22, 2016 at the WIAA offices in Renton.
- Candidate to be available to start late August, 2016.
The WIAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer