Gareth Giles' Memorial Recognition Award
Annually the Representative Assembly will select from nominations those persons who, by service to the ideals and purpose of the WIAA Representative Assembly, exemplify the leadership and dedication given all students and member schools by Gareth Giles.
The selection criteria includes:
1. A minimum of 5 years of service as a Representative Assembly member and/or WIAA
Board member and/or Representative Assembly standing or special committee member.
2. Leadership in the WIAA legislative process and procedures.
3. Positive services in the resolution of problems.
4. Dedication and loyalty to the WIAA and the implementation of WIAA rules among the
schools of the nominees' WIAA District.
5. Consistent promotion of the purposes of the WIAA in giving first consideration to the
activity programs and participating students.
Nominations are to be submitted to, received by and verified by the WIAA Executive Board as meeting the criteria by the second Friday of January of each year. The Executive Board will select the annual recipient(s) from the list of nominees.
The Gareth Giles Award is presented in March annually at Winter Coalition in Renton, Wash.