Curt Corvin placed at both State Cross Country and State Track every year of his high school career. He took third place in the State Cross Country Championships as a sophomore, then captured the State Championship as a junior and senior. In track, he placed third as a sophomore in the 3200m run, second as a junior, and earned a State Title his senior year. He also placed third in the 1600m as a senior in a race that featured the three fastest times in the nation. Between track and cross country, Curt was a four-time high school All-American and still holds a top-10 time in the state of Washington in the 1600m.
Curt went on to compete at the University of Washington where he again achieved All-American honors in track and cross country. He held the 10,000m school record for 13 years and remains fourth on the University of Washington’s All-Time list.
Curt is currently the Head Girls Cross Country Coach at Lakes High School. He started as a volunteer coach in the late 1990’s, then became a paid assistant. A few years ago he took over as head coach. He is also the distance coach for the boys and girls track teams. Curt has remained active in the racing world by claiming the Tacoma Sound to Narrows 12k Race title four times. Curt was also inducted into the Tacoma Athletic Commission Hall of Fame.
Curt’s high school accomplishments include the following:
• 1980 - Third place AAA State Cross Country Meet
• 1981 - Third place AAA 3200m State Track Meet
• 1981 - First place AAA/AA State Cross Country Meet (undefeated season)
• 1982 - Second place AAA 3200m State Track Meet
• 1982 - First place AAA State Cross Country Meet (undefeated season)
• 1983 - Third place AAA 1600m State Track Meet (4:06.29 5th fastest high school time in the U.S. for 1983)
• 1983 - First place AAA 3200m State Track Meet (9:00.10 8th fastest high school times in the U.S. for 1983)