|POSITION OPENING: Assistant Executive Director|
Position Status: OPEN
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Executive Director. This position is located at the WIAA's offices in Renton, WA.
Salary:Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
Hiring Salary Range: $90,000-$105,000 depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and 401k as well as 12 sick and 24 vacation days per year. Includes excellent fringe benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of five to ten (5-10) years related experience.
- Knowledge of and support for high school and middle school sports and activities.
- Experience as an educational administrator or athletic director.
- Knowledge of WIAA eligibility rules, regulations and processes.
- Ability to manage and coordinate events.
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, Google Docs and Gmail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Attentive to details, well-organized, ability to work independently, and ability to develop and implement short and long-range plans to meet Association needs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Preference given to applicants with Washington State high school experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In all operational matters, the Assistant Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
- Oversee and manage WIAA sports and activities as assigned by the Executive Director, including securing sites, managing tournament staff, coordinating officials, preparing tournament regulations, etc.
- Interpret for member schools, specific activity and eligibility rules as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Cultivate relationships between the WIAA and affiliate education organizations.
- Attend state events, Board meetings, district meetings, and other meetings as assigned, and participate as a presenter and attendee at conferences and workshops.
- Prepare reports as needed for the Executive Board, Executive Director and staff pertaining to all aspects of the job.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned.
To Apply, Send the Following:
- One-page letter of application for the position.
- One-page personal vision of position and Association.
- Résumé (two pages maximum).
- List of three references.
Leah Francis, Director of Finance and Operations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The WIAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- May 28, 2019 - application deadline for all materials
- June 10, 2019 - final interviews conducted at WIAA office
- July, 2019 - new staff member orientation
- August 1, 2019 - new staff member begins duties